Unquestionably, few if any events this century have had a more profound impact on the world than the COVID-19 outbreak. It has affected nearly the entire globe, shut down non-essential businesses in a wide range of industries, and tragically, as of this writing, there has already caused over 56,000 deaths worldwide, and that number is only going to continue to rise.
However, industries deemed essential or companies located in areas without a stay at home order must find a way to balance the delicate act of keeping business running as usual while also doing whatever they can to keep workers safe and prevent germs and the virus from spreading. As such, warehouses across the globe are taking measures to make their workspaces safer.
Measures Warehouses Can Take During the COVID-19 Outbreak
So what can warehouses do to help keep their workspaces as safe as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic? Here are some tips to follow:
- • Closely follow the guidelines set forth by health organizations, including the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- • The virus is most often passed when people come in close contact to one another. As such, warehouse workers should practice distancing as much as possible, and attempt to stay at least 6 feet away from each other.
- • Additionally, extra cleaning precautions should be taken—cleaners should increase the times they clean commonly touched areas, including but not limited to tables, door handles and other surfaces the virus could live on.
- • Workers who are not feeling well need to stay home and not come to work, even if they think it’s only something minor.
- • Creatively change the hours and implementation of the workforce to reduce the amount of people working in confined spaces simultaneously.
These are just a few suggestions warehouses can implement to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and to keep their workers and workspaces safe.
If you need help finding warehouse space during these trying times, learn how Affiliated Warehouse Companies can help.